Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is a security measure that adds an extra layer of protection to your account. Instead of relying solely on a password, MFA requires you to pass through an extra layer of identification before accessing the account, making it significantly more difficult for unauthorised individuals to gain entry.
Follow these steps to enable and use Multi-Factor Authentication for your docsumo account:
Step 1. Access your Account Settings
- Begin by clicking on "Settings" in the left-side navigation menu.
Step 2. Locate Multi-Factor Authentication
- Within the "Account Settings" section of the Settings page, find and click on "Multi-Factor Authentication."
Step 3. Activate MFA
- Click on the toggle button to initiate the setup process.
Step 4. Scan the QR Code
- A popup window will appear, displaying a QR code.
- Use any authenticator app you have (e.g., Google Authenticator, Authy) to scan this QR code.
Step 5. Enter the 6-Digit Code
- After scanning the QR code, the authenticator app will generate a 6-digit code.
- Enter this code into the popup on the Docsumo page for setup.
Step 6. Secure Your Recovery Key
- Following successful setup, you will be presented with a recovery key on your screen.
- This recovery key is a crucial backup. Store it in a safe place. It can be used in case you are unable to access your authenticator app, allowing you to reset MFA.
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the Multi-Factor Authentication setup process.
With MFA in place, your Docsumo account is now fortified with an extra layer of security, safeguarding your sensitive information.
Updated 6 months ago